eBay can be a wonderful world of new and used treasures. Should something go wrong with your purchase, eBay do have a money back guarantee policy.
Many disputes can be resolved amicably by both parties, if you are unhappy with a purchase or have a dispute you can try to resolve the matter by contacting the seller in the first instance.
How do I return an item for a refund on eBay?
- Sign into your account
- Go to your Purchase history
- Select “return this item” or “item not received”
- Select the reason which best describes your issue.
- Add supporting evidence (pictures)
More help is available here.
How do I report a suspicious item on eBay?
- Login to your eBay account
- Go to the listing page
- On the bottom of the listing page, click on “Report this item”
- Fill in the online form and appropriate drop down reasons.
How do I report a suspicious email claiming to be from eBay?
- Sign into your email account
- Forward the suspicious email to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
eBay safe shopping tip
You can check the seller rating by looking at the right-hand box next to the product listing called ‘Seller Information’. This will show the seller rating score and other information such as other items they are selling or if they have a shop. By clicking on the seller name you can see their feedback ratings.
Milo is pretty fierce. He knows how to get the marketplaces and social networks to behave. Scammers run and hide when he is near. Milo enjoys tuna and ham…together!